Spring 2009 Intern
PROJECT: Identification and resolution of “lost” book, Part I
Searching for lost books in the Butler Stacks
- Guidelines to Identify Mis-shelved ReCAP Items : Procedure for processing report of mis-shelving candidates. Reports in Spring 2009 did not exclude current in-transit or Reserve material.
- Butler Stacks List : List of all Butler owned offsite titles. Results show that 25.6% were in-transit (currently IN at ReCAP); 44.1% are currently on Reserve; Of remainder 30.6% were potentially mis-shelved.
Sampled non-Butler owning locations for mis-shelving in Butler Stacks.
- Lehman/Journalism Request survey: shows that 50% of requests from owning collections are delivered to Butler.
- Lehman/Journalism List: 59.3% were found on shelves in Butler; 6.3% were found on Lehman/Journalism shelves. Initial conclusion that mis-shelving is more likely to occur at high-volume circ desk.
Avery Library Orphan Offsite Barcodes
- Project targeted barcodes IN at ReCAP but not present in Voyager. Sample taken of Avery Library smart barcodes.
- Flowchart for processing orphaned barcodes.
- 118 barcodes resolved with help from Avery Staff.
Music Library Leftover Smart Barcodes