Circulation Desk Reference
- Barnard does not have collections shelved in ReCAP.
- It has been a delivery location for circulating collections since February 2011.
- Patrons place unmediated requests for ReCAP collections via CLIO. In the CLIO Beta the Location displays "Offsite" and there is a blue "Offsite" hyperlink to place a request.
- In the CLIO Legacy item view the Location displays "Offsite" and there is a gray, clickable "Request from Offsite" button.
- The terms "ReCAP" and "Offsite" are used interchangeably. "Offsite" is the preferred term for public display.
- Any active UNI is valid to place requests via CLIO.
- Quick link to ReCAP Request Forms. Use this to place Mediated Requests on behalf of library patrons who do not have an active UNI.
- Mediated Request for Patrons : Guide to placing mediated requests for patrons
- Initial notification is sent to patrons the moment they place a request
- After daily delivery to Circulation, send e-mail notification using rus. Remember to type "rus" at the $ prompt in Cunix.
- Contact ReCAP Coordinator, Zack Lane, at any time with questions or problems: firstname.lastname@example.org and (212) 851-5621.
- Every business day ReCAP Courier delivers to CUL Shipping & Receiving
- CUL Shipping & Receiving (107 Butler) delivers totes to Barnard Library circulation desk
- Barnard circ staff processes incoming deliveries according to standard guidelines
- Staff uses the Butler Circulation Desk happening location for both charging and discharging
- Barnard circ staff processes outgoing returns according to standard guidelines.
- Deliveries: Amy Handfield/[unknown staff] back-up. Delivery processing includes checking the shipping manifest, charging to Barnard Library hold shelf (BARHOLD001), email notification via rus and creating a hold slip.
- Circulation: Circulation desk staff charges circulating collections using the Butler Circulation Desk happening location. Only full-time staff, not students, will charge/discharge incoming deliveries.
- Returns: Circulation desk staff discharge all items using the Butler Circulation Desk happening location. Ignore all routing slips.
- Packing: Amy Handfield/[unknown staff] back-up. Return processing includes packing ReCAP returns safely in gray totes, sealing lid with a plastic tie and reversing the delivery label to read "RECAP."
- EDD issues: none, Barnard has no collections accessioned at ReCAP
Barnard Circulation Data (.pptx) : Updated through FY13. Summary of circulation activity of Barnard collections and the Barnard happening location, including system-wide data. Primarily concerned with on campus collections. Special focus on patron group BCA, Barnard College alumnae.
- Link to yearly circulation statistics by school.
Items physically delivered to the Barnard circulation desk. Includes items from all ReCAP collections, not only Barnard-owned.
- There are no accessions, requests or EDD statistics for Barnard because no collections have yet been transferred.