Implementation of an e-mail alert system to confirm that a ReCAP request had been submitted. E-mail notification is sent to patrons and staff. Generated for both physical and electronic delivery. Full citation provided for electronic delivery. Generated for all request mechanisms, including patron via CLIO, Mediate, Restricted Access and Non-CLIO.
In October 2009 Francie Mrkich, Sarah Witte and Zack Lane proposed to create system similar to Borrow Direct notification. Desired elements: citation, patron info, barcode, staff contact info, ability to opt out, time/date of request and general information. ZL consulted with Breck Witte and submitted work order. Approved by ASCC, 3/30/2010.
March 2010 a prototype is available for testing. Test link: https://www1.columbia.edu/sec-cgi-bin/cul/offsite/vie2?key=200444&type=STAF&spec=SUPP
Test link does not submit a request or modify our tracking data (rus). It can be used over and over without generating a real request. When implemented it will apply to all CUL request mechanisms: CLIO, mediated, restricted access and non-CLIO.
Two elements to consider while reviewing. 1) boilerplate information at top and bottom of message and 2) variable request data that loads from request form.
Questions addressed at ASCC, 3/30/2010
- Where will e-mail go if nothing in E-mail field? [3/10 e-mail is required in order to submit request]
- Should patron's name display from Name field rather than UNI? [3/10 updated to display Name]
- How will requester be identified if it is a Mediated request? [3/10 staff UNI not identified in notificaion to patron]
- Option to opt out? [3/10 no, e-mails can be automatically routed by user]
- Can e-mail also be sent to staff in mediated request? [3/10 not immediately feasible or desirable]
- Where should Enum/Chron information be displayed? [3/10 agreement, after barcode]