Butler Library has transfered collections to ReCAP since the facility opened in 2002. Collections include multiple video formats: DVD, VHS, laserdisc and film canisters. All phases of transfer involve smart and dumb barcodes. It has three CLIO location assigned for Offsite collections:
- off,bmc : Butler Media Center collections that have limited circulation (resvideo, CV)
- off,glx : general, circulating collections (circ, CU)
- off,ref : non-circulating collections (same, CR)
Butler Library collections correspond to three customer codes:
- CR : allow delivery to all CUL libraries (off,ref and off,glx)
- CU : allow delivery to all CUL and ReCAP partner libraries (off,glx)
- CV : allow delivery only to Milstein Reserves desk (off,bmc)
Corresponds to customer code CV. Deliverable only to Milstein Reserves (Butler Media Center); non-circulating.
Corresponds to customer codes CU and CR. Deliverable to all libraries; circulating.
Corresponds to customer code CR. Deliverable to all libraries; non-circulating.
- The default display in the drop-down menu is set according to CLIO location. In the REQUEST IT from Offsite webform the only option for off,bmc is the default Milstein Reserves.
H&H (History and Humanities)
History and Humanities Division, Butler Library. Reference and selector staff based in Butler Library.
Presentations focus on usage data, policy and systems involving research collections owned by Butler Library.
- Butler H&H Summary, 1/21/2010 (.ppt) : Review of new request limit, update on refile queue problem, proposed change to EDD policy and request data analysis.
- H&H and ReCAP: What's New?, 3/29/2012 (.pptx) : Gloss over several current issues involving ReCAP collections: old vs new problems, Tier 12 and other projects, general Butler Library data, high-use titles, and impact of mass digitization.
- H&H and ReCAP: New Data & High Use Titles, 7/16/2012 (.pptx) : Summary of FY12 data with new analysis; Discussion of high-use titles.
PMRR (Periodicals & Microforms Reading Room)
PMRR houses current periodicals, shelving for most of Butler Library's microform collection, maintains microform readers and has a service point.
As microform readers & collections have been transferred out of other departments, PMRR is the last remaining location where the machines are actively maintained.
In summer 2012, a new CLIO Location (off,mrr) was created to help steer delivery towards PMRR.
The process to flip microformats to the off,mrr was re-active and became problematic over time.
In summer 2016, a new delivery location and corresponding stop code were created to separate the PMRR workflow from all other requests coming into Butler Library. Here are the planning notes for that transition.
Definition of terms
Accession: Butler-owned collections that have been transfered to the ReCAP facility
Request: Butler-owned collections requested by patrons or staff for delivery to campus
Delivery: Items physically delivered to Butler Circulation Desk, including items owned by other departments
Request Rate: Percentage of Butler-owned collection requested per year
Butler-owned collections that have been transfered to the ReCAP facility.
Total items requested from Butler-owned collections at ReCAP.
Items physically delivered to the Butler Circulation Desk. Includes items from all ReCAP collections, not only Lehman-owned.
Total number of EDD (electronic document delivery) requests for Butler collections. A subset of total "Requests."
|Request Rate = 1.50%|
Obsolete CLIO Locations
In early phases of ReCAP transfers, location xxx,anx2 was used as a transitional location for collections going to Offsite.
|CLIO Location||Total HLDGS||Date Resolved|