Request Failures: EDD
EDD requests may fail in several ways.
- EDD Failure Data : Since July 2008, ReCAP staff have been tracking statistics for the different categories of EDD request failure. Monthly counts are listed by category.
CUL staff are alerted to EDD request failures in two different ways, depending on the type of failure.
1. Incorrect citation failures
Incorrect citation failures are resolved with an email sent to CUL staff alias firstname.lastname@example.org. This e-mail contains a link and password to access the request receipt. Staff check the default pick up location (Def PickUp Loc) and will forward along to department staff according to the contact list. For record keeping the ReCAP Coordinator save the receipt pdf locally. Currently, HSL Coordinator resolves all HSL failed EDD requests; ReCAP Coordinator routes all others (December 2009).
- Staff follows the links and uses the password to access failed request receipt.
- Instructions: Cut and paste PIN number from email. Enter alias email@example.com into password field.
- Open most recent entry. All previously resolved receipts may be removed.
- Check default delivery location (Def PickUp Loc) to identify owning library. Forward to department staff.
2. Wrong ILL mechanism
Wrong ILL mechanism used by staff. If HSL staff use the "Morningside ILL" request mechanism, the default delivery location will be set to "CI." For more information follow link to information above.
3. Duplicate holdings in CLIO
If there is more than one off-site holding in CLIO, a failure may result. The request system was designed for a single-holding model. When multiple holdings have different access permissions, the default delivery location valid for one may not be for the other. Failure may result when one holding is restricted and the other unrestricted (e.g. AV/CUor HR/CU). For more information see Scenario 1: EDD under Duplicate Holding Failures.