Copyright & Permissions for Online Exhibitions & Digital Collections
Use of Materials in Online Exhibitions or Digital Collections
- Columbia University has provided access to these materials for educational and research purposes only.
- The materials are displayed “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including any warranties of title, non-infringement of copyright or other rights.
- Materials in the online exhibitions or the digital collections may be protected by copyright or subject to other rights, such as rights of privacy or the use of names and likenesses. Materials may be used with permission from the rightsholder, or as permitted by law, such as under fair use and other copyright exceptions. Columbia University makes no representation about the copyright or other legal status of the materials and cannot give legal advice. It is the user’s responsibility to investigate and clear rights to use these materials. Users are responsible for reproductions and other uses that they may make of materials from the online exhibitions or digital collections.
- If you wish to publish or reproduce materials in the online exhibitions or the digital collections, please see: Columbia University Libraries Publication & Digital Reproduction Policy and Procedures. You are welcome to link to our online exhibitions or digital collections for educational and research purposes.
- If you have questions, comments, or additional information related to our online exhibitions or digital collections, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For copyright claims, please see Copyright – Columbia University in the City of New York.