Beginning Monday, December 6, visitors will be permitted to enter Butler Library. Visitors must reserve a verification appointment in advance and must check in for each visit at the Library Information Office in Butler Library during business hours with proof of vaccination, ID, and symptom attestation. Hours can be found here. This page will be updated with more details and verification appointment reservation link closer to December 6.
Reminders for your visit:
- Masks are required at all times.
- You may not exit Butler Library and re-enter with a single verification appointment. If you must leave and re-enter, please make another appointment to re-enter through the Library Information Office. Visitors are limited to two appointments per day.
- You must exit Butler Library by 11 p.m.
- Your visit is limited to Butler Library only.
- Eating is not currently allowed in library spaces. Drinks are allowed in spill-proof containers only.
Examples of the types of visitors who can access Butler Library with a verification appointment:
- Spouses of Columbia University Officers
- Consortial Partners (SHARES, MaRLI, Borrow Direct Plus, 2CUL, NYU)
If you have questions about your status as a visitor or about visiting Butler Library, please contact the Library Information Office.