Indian Ocean Islands Region
- Agence universitaire de la Francophonie: Bureau Océan Indien (France)
A ce site, on peut lire les actualités sur l'éducation dans la région de l'Océan Indien et suivre les liens aux sites des universités et des autres institutions des pays de la région.
- Brabys.Com (South Africa)
A searchable database for companies and industries in South Africa, parts of southern Africa, and the Indian Ocean islands.
- Commission de l'Océan Indien = Indian Ocean Commission (Port Louis, Mauritius)
- << La COI (créé en 1984) est une organisation originale qui regroupe quatre Etats ACP (Comores, Madagascar, Maurice, Seychelles) et une région ultrapériphérique européenne (La Réunion). >>
- COMESA--Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (Lusaka, Zambia)
This site includes links to country profiles
, information on banking, online trade directories for some countries, and many other links with an emphasis on business and economic information. "COMESA exists 'as an organisation of free independent sovereign states which have agreed to co-operate in developing their natural and human resources for the good of all their people'. With its 19 member states and population of 300 million it forms a major integrated trading block."
- Indian Ocean World Centre, McGill University (Montréal, Québec, Canada)
- Malango Océan-indien: le guide annuaire du tourisme et de l'information des îles de l'Océan Indien (France) Temporarily Off-Line
- Mayotte -- Collectivité Départementale Française
- ODINAFRICA: Ocean Data and Information Network for Africa (International Oceanographic Data and Information Exchange, Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission, United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization--UNESCO, Paris, France)
This website outlines various programs of the ODINAFRICA--a project involving about 20 African countries. The site includes current and recent news, conference information, and other data about Africa's oceanic resources.
- Portraits d'Iles -- Océan Indien (Thomas C. Spear, Associate Professor of French, Lehman College, The City University of New York; via Université de Montréal)
- The Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture / The New York Public Library:
The African Diaspora in the Indian Ocean World (2011) (Dr. Sylvianne Diouf et al., New York)
A multi-media web site, with bibliography, essays, images, web links, and videos. "Over the course of nearly 20 centuries, millions of East Africans crossed the Indian Ocean and its several seas and adjoining bodies of water in their journey to distant lands, from Arabia and Iraq to India and Sri Lanka."
- 18th Annual Zanzibar International Film Festival -- Festival of the Dhow Countries: "Waves & Visions of Hope" 18-26 July 2015 (Zanzibar, Tanzania)
General information on a wide variety of events and links to related websites. Plus, information on the 2014 festival and earlier. "ZIFF is a non-profit organisation based in Zanzibar [founded in 1997] which aims to promote film, music and arts from the Dhow Countries (African Continent, Gulf States, Iran, India, Pakistan and the islands of the Indian Ocean). The organisation is working throughout the year and seeks to include people from all sectors of society, with special programmes for women, children and people in rural areas."
Indian Ocean Islands by Country