Zambia: Education, Health, History, & Culture
- African Association for the Study of Religions: 8th AASR Conference in Africa--"Revisiting Religion, Politics, and the State in Africa and the African Diaspora," August 1-4, 2018, The University of Zambia & Justo Mwale University, Lusaka, Zambia (via University of Leeds, UK)
- Bemba Online Project: A Digital Bemba Language Archive (Debra Spitulnik, David Charnon, and Mubanga E. Kashoki, Department of Anthropology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia)[Since 2014] This site offers a bibliography of resources, a linguistic profile, and a selection of audio files for this major language and cultural group of Zambia.
- Caine Prize for African Writing (UK): 2015 Caine Prize -- "The Sack" by Namwali Serpell, Zambia-born, US-based English professor
See: "Also shortlisted" to find the full text of "The Sack" In: Africa39 (Bloomsbury, London, 2014); 13 pages in PDF format
- Centre for African Family Studies: Heads, tails or equality?: men, women and reproductive health in Zambia. -- Excerpts -- Nairobi, Kenya: CAFS in collaboration with Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia, 2000.
- Demographic and Health Surveys: Zambia Indicators, Datasets, and Reports (2013-14 and earlier) (Calverton, Maryland)
- The fractured community : landscapes of power and gender in rural Zambia. (Online) by Kate Crehan. -- Berkeley, CA : University of California Press Electronic Editions and The University of California Library, 1999.The complete text (no illustrations or maps) in electronic format of this major work in anthropology, originally published in 1997.
- HIV/AIDS Impact on Education Clearinghouse -- Zambia (UNESCO, International Institute for Educational Planning,See especially "Knowledge" reports, such as:
HIV AIDS guidelines for educators. -- Lusaka: Republic of Zambia, Ministry of Education, HIV/AIDS Programme, 2003. PDF format.
-- Plus: UNAIDS on Zambia below
- International Bureau of Education = Bureau de l'Education International: Zambia (UNESCO, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Documents & resources (Reports and statistics)
- The development of education: national report of Zambia, April 2000. (Zambia, Ministry of Education. 46th Session of the International Conference on Education, Geneva, 5-8 September, 2001) PDF format.
- The Kalela dance: aspects of social relationships among urban Africans in northern Rhodesia. By J. Clyde Mitchell (1956). Experience Rich Anthropology. -- Canterbury, UK: Centre for Social Anthropology and Computing, University of Kent, This electronic book is part of a larger collection of selected readings, field notes, and teaching aids.
- Languages of Zambia Page (Lee S. Bickmore, Department of Anthropology, State University of New York at Albany)A list of languages of Zambia and related links on Zambia.
- Zambia's Literature, An Overshadowed Literature : Mapping the Field. (2011) By Ranka Primorac -- -- Mainz, Germany: Jahn Library for African LIteratures, Department of Anthropology and African Studies, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat, 2011. A bibliography in 3 parts; in PDF format
- National Museums Board -- Zambia (Lusaka)"The Board’s principal role is to contribute to the national development effort through the establishment, development and management of sustainable museums for the preservation, presentation and promotion of Zambia’s movable heritage." The National Museums are: Copperbelt Museum in Ndola, Livingstone Museum in Livingstone, Lusaka National Museum in Lusaka and Moto Moto Museum in Mbala; and two community museums: Choma Museum and Crafts Centre in Choma and Nayuma Museum in Mongu.
- Network for Historical Research in Zambia (Lusaka, Zambia)Officially launched in 2003, this international organization promotes scholarly exchange and offers an online directory of scholars actively pursuing research and publishing academic work on all aspects of Zambian society.
- Policy Project: Zambia (Futures Group, Washington, DC)A summary of assistance activities in HIV/AIDS policies and other reproductive health policies in Zambia, with downloadable reports in PDF format.
- Sports Africa 2018: 12th Sports Africa Conference--"Pan-African Sports: Beyond Physical Education," March 26-28, 2018, University of Zambia, Lusaka
--The deadline for proposals is December 20, 2017.
- UNAIDS--Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS--Zambia (Lusaka)
- University of Zambia, Lusaka:
- University of Zambia Home Page
- University of Zambia Research Repository Online: a digital archive of knowledge production at the university, including conference papers, technical reports, and theses and dissertations.
- Zambia Health Information Digest. (Online)--Archive. A newsletter. -- Lusaka: University of Zambia Medical Library, 1996-2001.