- Abbay Media (USA)
"The Ethiopian Information Bank", critical of the current government in Ethiopia, offers selected current news from various sources, reports from research institutes and human rights organizations, Ethiopian media links, audio and video files of interviews and historical documentaries.
- Addis fortune. (Online) -- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: Independent News & Media Plc, 1999-
The electronic version of an Ethiopian business news weekly newspaper, with short news highlights and commentary. The archive offers back issues only since mid-December 2008.
- Addis standard. (Online) -- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: JAKENN Publishing P.L.C., 2011-
This web site has a searchable archive of selected articles for the last 6 months only. "...a monthly English private magazine...It is a magazine that will focus on current socio-political and socio-economic aspects of both domestic and international affairs."
- AllAfrica.Com: Current and Recent News Summaries on Ethiopia (AllAfrica Global Media, Washington, DC)
Current and recent news on Ethiopia from UN agencies and news services in Eastern Africa. Warning: the archive for articles older than 30 days is only available through subscription.
- Awramba times. (Online) -- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: Awramba Times, 2008-
- BBC World Service on Ethiopia (British Broadcasting Corporation, London, UK)
- "Abiy Ahmed becomes Ethiopia's prime minister," April 3, 2018 ; "Why has Ethiopia imposed a state of emergency," February 21, 2018
- Country Profile on Ethiopia (2018)
- "Ethiopia 'detains 1,600' under state of emergency," October 20, 2016 and related stories.
- US President "Obama praises Ethiopia..." (July 27, 2015)
- Meles Zenawi death: Ethiopia 'stable', says government, August 21, 2012 -and- Obituary
- Ethiopian elections coverage, May 26, 2010 -and- May 23, 2010
- Ethiopia troops back in Somalia (February 3, 2009) ; Timeline: Ethiopia and Somalia (January 15, 2009)
- Suspects 'detained in Ethiopia', April 5, 2007 ; AU fails to secure Somali force...January 31, 2007 ; US (and Ethiopia) in southern Somalia...January 10, 2007
- "Ethiopia prisoners' hunger strike" (November 28, 2005); plus BBC News on Ethiopian elections, May 17, 2005
--See also: Elections in Ethiopia 2005 --via Ethiopia--Politics and Human Rights.
- "Ethiopia unveils ancient obelisk" (September 4, 2008) ; "Obelisk arrives back in Ethiopia" (May 28, 2002--April 25, 2005) ; "New snag slows obelisk's return" (Feb. 12, 2004) ; "Ethiopia keenly awaits obelisk's return" (Feb. 9, 2004) ; "Rome obelisk set for African return" (November 8, 2003) ; and "Rome obelisk prepares for journey home" (October 10, 2003)
- Battle in the Horn: In Depth, January 2003 ; Eritrea: final deal with Ethiopia (December 4, 2000) ; Ethiopia-Eritrea peace plan (June 12, 2000) ; Eyewitness: Ethiopia's fatal famine, March 31, 2000 ; War in Africa's Horn, March 17, 1999
- Capital. (Online) -- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: Crown Publishing P.L.C., 1998-
The electronic version of the "longest established English newspaper in Ethiopia" offering weekly business news; with an archive of back issue news for 6-8 months.
- ECADF--Ethiopian News & Opinions (USA)
- Elections in Ethiopia 2015 and earlier: "Ethiopia--Politics and Human Rights"
Compiled by Columbia University Libraries.
- EthioMedia.Com (Everett, Washington)
An "alternative" English language news site, with an Amharic language forum, offering current news and commentaries; plus links to opposition political parties.
- Ethiopia-Eritrea Conflict, 1998-2000: see "Ethiopia--Politics and Human Rights"
Compiled by Columbia University Libraries.
- Ethiopian Broadcast Corporation (EBC) (Addis Ababa)
The government-owned radio and TV news web site, in Amharic, with some English.
- Ethiopian Media Forum (USA)
"Established in 2005 by exiled members of the Ethiopian free press, Ethiopian Media Forum (EMF) provides daily news, analysis and discussion forum on events concerning Ethiopia and Horn of Africa."
- Ethiopian News Agency (ENA) Official Web Site (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
Current information and recent news from the official government news agency of Ethiopia. See also: English news
- Ethiopian Press Agency Online (Addis Ababa)
The government-sponsored daily news web site --in Amharic, English, Arabic, and Oromifa (Afaan Oromo). Supersedes The Ethiopian Herald = Addis Zemen. (Online)
- Ethiopian Review (Annandale, Virginia)
A portal site offering news from Ethiopia, media links, and other Ethiopia-related matters for the Ethiopian diaspora in the USA.
- Gadaa.com -- Finfinne Tribune (Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA)
"...an independent online media outlet serving the Horn of African region and its Diaspora. Gadaa.com is also a source of vast information about the Horn of Africa's largest nation, Oromo. The Oromo nation constitutes close to 50% of the peoples in Ethiopia."
- Horn Affairs Network (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
Launched in April 2010, this independent news analysis magazine and "collaborative blog" is often critical of the Ethiopian government and appears in English, Amharic, Afan Oromo, and Tigrinya.
- IRIN--Integrated Regional Information Network on Ethiopia (See below)
- Jimma times (USA and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
"Jimma Times is an international independent news media outlet run by reporters both in Ethiopia and the Ethiopian Diaspora. Its print version Yeroo publishes newspapers in Afaan Oromo and English, the first Ethiopian private paper written in Qubee."
- Le Monde Diplomatique Archives: Ethiopie, 2006-
De plus, rechercher << Ethiopie >> dans les archives.
- OPride.com (Duluth, Minnesota, USA)
News and opinions: "...a multimedia website that aggregates Oromo, Ethiopian, and Horn related news, made its debut in April 2008...To Give a Voice to the Voiceless through Citizen Journalism."
- The Reporter -- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: Media & Communications Center, 2013-
A searchable news website, with stories contributed by anonymous staff and space provided for commentary by registered members. The contents are also published as a weekly newspaper.
- Tadias magazine. (Online) -- New York: Tadias, Inc., 2007-
An Ethiopian-American online magazine which includes recent political and cultural news, as well as contributions from scholars and journalists on a variety of contemporary and historical topics, including Ethiopian-American and Ethiopian artists, musicians, religious, and political figures. Excerpts are also available from the archives
- United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (Geneva, Switzerland)
- Walta Information Center(Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
A searchable archive of current and recent news stories on Ethiopian affairs based on the center's own reporting staff in Ethiopia, reports from government agencies and the government-supported Ethiopian News Agency; plus links to the major Western news services.