The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching Records
The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching (CFAT) was originally established (in 1905) as a professors' pension fund and was closely affiliated with Carnegie Corporation of New York until the early 1980s, when it moved to new separate headquarters in Princeton, New Jersey. Since 1997, the CFAT has been located in California.
The RBML holds records from the "New York" (1904-1980) period of the Foundation's activities. As of 2009, the CFAT Records are fully processed, and the online finding aid is available.
The bulk of the CFAT collection is stored offsite, and need to be pre-ordered via the curator. Printed materials comprise a large part of the CFAT Records. The following titles are held on site and are available for walk-in researchers:
- Bulletins, 1907-1973
- Publications of Carnegie Commission on Higher Education, 1967 - 1980
- Annual Reports, 1905-1978, including Cumulative Index of the First Ten Annual Reports (1906-15)