Charters and Minutes
- Charters, acts and official documents together with the lease and re-lease by Trinity church of a portion of the King's farm. Compiled by John B. Pine, Clerk of the Trustees. New York: Printed for the College, June 1895.
- Original charter of Columbia College, in the city of New-York, October 31st, 1754; with the acts of the Legislature, altering and amending the same.
- Columbia University in the City of New York Charters and statutes: with amendments to June 5, 1911. New York: Printed for the University, 1911.
- Columbia University in the City of New York Charters and statutes: with amendments to April 3, 1916. New York: Printed for the University, 1916.
- Columbia University in the City of New York Charters and statutes: with amendments to December 5, 1921. New York: Printed for the University, 1922.
- Minutes of the Governors of the College of the Province of New York in the City of New York in America 1755-1768 and of the Corporation of King’s College in the City of New York 1768-1770. New York, 1932.
Statutes, revised and passed by the Board of Trustees for the following years:
- Resolutions passed by the Trustees of Columbia College from 1820 to 1868. New York: D. Van Nostrand, 1868.
- Resolutions passed by the Trustees of Columbia College from 1868 to 1874. New York: D. Van Nostrand, 1874.
- Resolutions passed by the Trustees of Columbia College from 1874 to 1879. New York: Printed for the College, 1879.
- Resolutions adopted by the Trustees of Columbia College, October 3, 1898, to June 1, 1903; arranged and printed under resolution adopted December 7, 1885; amended March 2, 1891. New York: Printed for the Trustees, 1903.
The Annual Reports of the President and Treasurer to the Trustees offer a yearly "state of the University" from 1891 to 1946. In addition to the President's remarks and the Treasurer's financial reports, each Dean reports to the President on the previous academic year at their school or division (Columbia College, Law, Business, Journalism, Barnard, Teachers College, etc.) as well as reports from the Librarian, the Registrar, the Secretary and other senior administrators. The reports include current events, facts and figures of students enrolled and degrees conferred, and trends in each school and the University as a whole. Paper copies are available at the University Archives.
Catalogue of the Officers and Students of Columbia College, also known as the Handbook of Information and sometimes, the Catalogue and General Announcement, is essentially a "snapshot" of the University in a given year. These publications usually include the list of trustees, officers of instruction, and administrators. They also contain information about the curriculum in the various programs, detail admission policies and requirements, explain degree and certificate programs, note tuition fees, list prizes and scholarships, provide a copy of the academic calendar, and describe general regulations of the university. In the handbooks from the 19th century you can often find lists of students and sometimes alumni. From 1893-94 to 1918-19 one can find regularized registers of students listed for each school. In addition to the register of students, the Catalogue also includes a list of the degrees conferred at the last commencement. For each year starting in 1893-94, the staff and student directories can found at the back of each volume. Full names of students appear beginning in the 1919-20 volume. Between 1893-94 and 1918-19 the student directories only list the first initial and the full last name since full name information is found in the school specific student registers. Paper copies are available at the University Archives.
* No catalogues exist for these years.