Your Research Has a Story
We Will Help You Tell It
Research Data Services understands that a research project is always a process. It requires different skills at different steps. We provide support and consultation for the research data needs of the members of Columbia University.
Work With Data
- R, Stata, or Pandas
- Data Management & Planning
- GIS and Web Maps
- ggplot2 and Matplotlib
Collections, Tools, & More
- Research Guides: RDS-curated guides to data research.
- GeoData@Columbia: portal for previewing, discovering and downloading geospatial data.
- CU Numeric Data Collection: datasets purchased or licensed by the libraries for the Columbia University community.
- Research Data at Columbia University: information and guides for using research data at Columbia from the Office of the Executive Vice President for Research.
Columbia University Libraries Studio is a unique space and practice that enables and promotes ethical, sustainable, FAIR, and collaborative, digital and data-driven research and pedagogy. We host Studio Open Labs and Studio Workshops at Lehman 215 and Butler 208B.
Learn more on the Studio page.
Research Data Librarian Moacir P. de Sá Pereira streams on Tuesdays, from 3:00pm to 5:00pm New York time, for the Studio Remote’s Coding with the Dead where Moacir works on, and builds Wandertext, a project dedicated to creating datasets, thereby providing a semantically rich catalog of places referred to in various “texts” (understood broadly) that can then be cross-referenced with each other.