Data Club, provided by Research Data Services, offers a series of strategic lessons and a supportive meeting space for members of the Columbia community of all levels to learn, share, and implement the philosophies, tools, and methodologies for a data-driven project of their choosing. In bi-monthly meetings, the Data Club provides a short instructive session, free-work time, and a collaborative and exploratory environment for researchers to pursue a personal project with the assistance of Columbia University librarians and their data-minded peers.
If you are interested in staying up-to-date with Data Club, please join our mailing list.
Data Club Meetings
- Data Club meets on an irregular schedule at Lehman 215. Please see the events list below to see upcoming Data Club meetings.
- To receive updates about Data Club, please follow us on Instagram, join our mailing list, and subscribe to our calendar.
- Data Club also welcomes members of the Columbia community who work with data and are interested to learn more about data analysis, management, and other aspects of the data life cycle at our meetings.
- Open to beginners and experts, Data Club meetings provide a space to experiment with new libraries or techniques.
- Typically we will be diving deep with either Python or R.
Data Club on GitHub
Additional Python Resources
Additional R Resources
Additional Data Management Resources