- Middle East Studies Collection
Middle East Studies covers all disciplines in the study of human societies, past and present, in the following countries: Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Libya, and Egypt, the occupied territories of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Turkey, Azerbayjan, Armenia, Iran, Afghanistan, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
- Islamic Studies Collection
Islamic Studies covers all aspects of Islamic life and culture worldwide, especially art, history, literature, philosophy, and religion.
- Guide to the Islamic Studies Reading Room (602 Butler Library)
Featured Electronic Resources
- Cambridge Archive Editions Online - Arab dissident movements, 1905-1955, Islamic Movements in the Arab World, 1913-1966, The slave trade into Arabia, 1820-1973 - NEW
- AMIR--Access to Mideast and Islamic Resources
- Brockelmann online (Brill)
- Confidential print. Middle East
- Encyclopaedia Iranica
- Encyclopedia of Islam (Brill)
- Encyclopedia of the Quran (Brill)
- Encyclopedia of Arabic language and linguistics (Brill)
- Gale Middle East Series I & II
LIBX FOR MIDDLE EAST AND ISLAMIC STUDIES
LibX Columbia University Edition is a Firefox and Chrome add-on which provides direct access to Columbia Library catalog, Index Islamicus, Brill Reference, ATLA, MENADOC, Encyclopedia Iranica as well as Open Access resources focused on Middle East and Islamic Studies.
To install in Firefox go to: http://libx.org/releases/ff/libx2-latest.xpi?edition=B61C443E
To install in Google Chrome go to: http://libx.org/releases/gc/libx2-latest.crx?edition=B61C443E
Explation of LibX functionality can be found here: