Graduate Student Internship Program in Primary Sources
How to apply
Applicants must be currently matriculated graduate or professional students at Columbia University who are continuing their studies for credit at Columbia University in the Fall Semester.
Prospective interns are advised that there are employment limitations for students holding multiple positions at Columbia University. Due to these limitations, students who also hold a teaching appointment or other student officer appointment over the summer may not be eligible for this program. Your department can advise on such limitations.
Terms & Duration
- Seven internships are available
- The internship period is June 3-August 30, 2024, for up to 275 hours.
- All work is completed in-person and onsite at one of the participating libraries
- Work hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
- Interns will be paid $25.00 per hour, and can earn up to $6875 over the course of the internship.
Application materials required
- Current CV
- Your cover letter should include:
- Prior experience (if any) working with primary source materials
- The nature of your interest in the internship, including your interest in any specific collection
- How the internship might relate to your graduate study
- If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please submit application materials electronically via the online form
- If you are a UTS student and do not have a Lionmail account, please email email@example.com for an application form.
Application materials are due no later than 5pm on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
Successful candidates will be notified by late-February