Graduate Student Internship Program in Primary Sources
How to apply
Applicants must be currently matriculated graduate or professional students at Columbia University who are continuing their studies for credit at Columbia University in the Fall Semester.
Prospective interns are advised that there are employment limitations for students holding multiple positions at Columbia University. Due to these limitations, students who also hold a teaching appointment or other student officer appointment over the summer may not be eligible for this program. Your department can advise on such limitations.
Terms & Duration
- Six internships are available
- The internship period is June 1-September 4, 2020, for up to 275 hours.
- Interns are expected to work 20-25 hours per week.
- The internship has some flexibility in scheduling; however, interns are expected to make a commitment to work at least ten weeks during the internship period.
- Interns will be paid $25.00 per hour, and can earn up to $6875 over the course of the internship.
Application materials required
- Current CV
- Your cover letter should include:
- Prior experience (if any) working with primary source materials
- The nature of your interest in the internship
- How the internship might relate to your graduate study
- Advisor's name and contact information
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit application materials electronically via the online form here
Application materials for the 2020 cycle will be are due on no later than Monday, January 27, 2020.
Successful candidates will be notified by late February