Digitization and Reprographic Instructions
Instructions for Placing an Order for Digitization or Other Copying
When placing an order for digitization or other copying, please contact the owning repository who will assist you with your order.
Please contact the appropriate owning repository:
|Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Libraryemail@example.com||(212) 854-6199|
|The Burke Libraryfirstname.lastname@example.org||(212) 851-5606|
|Oral History Archivesemail@example.com||(212) 854-5590|
|Rare Book and Manuscript Libraryfirstname.lastname@example.org||(212) 854-5590|
|C.V. Starr East Asian Libraryemail@example.com||(212)854-4318|
|All other CU firstname.lastname@example.org||(212)854-1332|
Orders for existing images and for Butler general collections may be placed directly through the Preservation Reformatting Department.
Once you have contacted the owning repository or the Preservation Reformatting Dept. (PRD), we will guide you through the following steps (Please read through full instructions before placing your order):
- Read and sign the Conditions of Service/Copyright form for each order. PDF
- Select the appropriate order form below.
Here is a link to our Section 108 Checklist
Here is a link to our Fair Use Checklist
3. When filling out the form, please enter all metadata elements as listed on the form. Library staff will assist as necessary.
For orders including multiple items, we recommend using a spreadsheet format to document the necessary metadata. Please download here.
- Guide to Metadata Elements
4. Include the Columbia University Libraries call number and/or CLIO number, if known.
5. Advance payment of fees is required for all orders. See your order form for details regarding fees. We accept cash, checks in United States dollars drawn on a United States bank, MasterCard, or Visa.
Orders and questions should be addressed to:
Preservation Reformatting Department
101 Butler Library
535 West 114th St.
New York, NY 10027
Telephone: (212) 854-1332
Fax: (212) 854-9825
All reproductions are prepared on order and cannot be returned for credit.