DIGITIZATION & COPYING SERVICES
The Preservation & Digital Conversion Division provides patrons with reproductions of items owned by the Columbia University Libraries collections. Reproductions are intended for personal or scholarly use, and patrons are responsible for all copyright and permissions matters.
Services include digital photography and flatbed scanning, electronic books, microfilming, microfilm scanning, and audio reformatting.
- Publication and Digital Reproduction for Research and Scholarly Purposes
- Publication and Digital Reproduction for Commercial and Other Purposes, and for Large-scale Initiatives
- Information about Copyright Law as it Pertains to Education, Research, and Scholarship
- Information about Self-service Photocopying and Digital Printing
- Information about Self-service Scanning
Instructions for Placing an Order for Digitization or Other Copying
To place an order, please fill out the appropriate form (see below).
All orders must include:
- A signed Conditions of Service Form.
- Complete bibliographic information: author, title, publisher, date & place of publication, volume and pages desired.
- Columbia University Libraries call number, if known.
- Advance payment of fees is required for all orders.
File Format Specifications for Patron Orders
Orders for reproductions of library materials may be placed directly through the Preservation Reformatting Department, except for materials from the following libraries, for where orders must be placed directly:
- Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Library
- The Burke Library
- Columbia Center for Oral History
- Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- C.V. Starr East Asian Library
Click here to download order forms and to find detailed instructions.
Orders and questions should be addressed to:
Preservation Reformatting Department
101 Butler Library
535 West 114th St.
New York, NY 10027
Telephone: (212) 854-1332
Fax: (212) 854-9825
All reproductions are prepared to order and cannot be returned for credit.
Click here for more information about the Preservation & Digital Conversion Division